Free Fire is among the most popular battle royale mobile game in the world due to its unique character system. But Free Fire Lag is a major issue in low end devices. Into the game, you will drop on an abandoned island with 50 other players to search for weapons and equipment. Players will fight each other until there is only one player remain
Lag is a problem that every player dreads irrespective of the game that they play. Garena Free Fire players are not immune to this problem, with many of its players facing lag issues which hamper their overall battle royale experience.
Garena Free Fire touted to be one of the very few light-weight games to offer a quality experience and thrill of the battle royale genre. The game doesn’t require an ultra high-end device. It doesn’t require for players to spend money on upgrading their devices every now and then, either.
The Devs make sure to roll out regular update patches with exciting new features. More importantly, the update patches are designed keeping compatibility with lower-end devices in mind.
Even after so much care and consideration, it’s possible that some devices may face lags during gameplay. Today, in this article, we’ll try to look out for the solution on how to fix game lag in Free Fire.
Lag is an unavoidable hiccup all of us have struggled to deal with at least once in our lifetime. This problem actually casts a shadow over most shooter games out there, and Garena Free Fire is also not immune to it.
As tons of players have yet to come up with an idea about how to fix it and leverage their overall battle royale experience, here’re some simple tips when you really want to make your Free Fire gameplay lag-free.
How to play Free Fire without lag?
Players could face lag issues due to several reasons such as bad ping and insufficient RAM. Here are some of the tips that you can follow to help you enjoy a lag-free battle royale experience:
Game Boosters for Free Fire Lag Removal — Are they really effective?
There might exist a lot of apps in the Google Play Store claiming to increase performance. Same is the case with those ‘100% lag fixing’ apps. Though, the reality is these apps hardly make a difference. Besides, using up your storage and draining your memory to display third-party ads, is their underlying motive. So, instead of letting these apps keep you in the dark, head over to the next section to figure out how to actually fix the lag in Free Fire.
How to fix game lag in Free Fire?
Follow the below mentioned steps to improve performance and fix game lag without any third-party app:
1. Check if your device is meeting the minimum requirements
The first and foremost thing to do is to check whether your device is compatible and meets the minimum requirements to run the game smoothly. Even though and as already mentioned, Free Fire doesn’t require high specs but it still needs a minimal 2GB ram, anyway, to run somewhat at 30fps without lags.
2. Pick the settings according to the device
Try lowering the graphics in the settings. It, usually, helps with fixing the stuttering. Do the same with the ‘shadows’ option. Reduce the frame rate to prevent over-heating.
3. Keep the system updated
Always keep your Android system updated. Keep auto-update turned on, as well, in the system settings.
4. Clear the cache
Clear the temp cache memory of your phone, frequently. Helps keep your phone running smoothly and in a flexible manner, too. Through the apps settings menu, clear saved data of apps and games you no longer need.
5. Optimize the app for the best performance
Optimization is a crucial aspect of lag free gaming experience on any platform. Check whether your apps and games are optimised for battery usage and performance through the system settings.
6. Make sure nothing is running on the background
While playing the game, make sure not to keep multiple apps open in the background. This reduces the performance and sometimes causes your game to lag.
If all of the above steps fail, restart your phone. If you have your data backed up, restoring the phone to its factory settings might also help. But, try re-installing the game first before going for a complete restoration to factory settings.
7. Closing all background applications
Closing all other apps that run on the background helps you cut down data consumed by them as well as clean up the RAM to have more free space for Free Fire. This seems to be one of the most effective tricks you should consider because your smartphone will not only have a more speedy connection but also more RAM to run the game smoothly.
How To Fix Lag In Free Fire 1GB RAM – Free up your memory
1GB RAM is only enough to run Free Fire on your phone and nothing else. So how to play free fire in 1GB RAM without lag?. The first thing you need to do before opening Free Fire is to free up your RAM. You need to squeeze up all the RAM you can to have to best experience possible in Free Fire.
Here are things you can do to free up RAM in your Android device:
- Stopping background apps: Launch the Recent Apps screen then Clear all to delete the apps in the background.
- Uninstall unimportant apps: Killing background apps only free up your RAM temporarily so you need to uninstall or disable all the apps you don’t use in your system. Go to All Apps in Settings to find and uninstall apps you don’t need.
- Remove Widgets and Live Wallpaper: These things make your phone look better but they also eat up lots of RAM. Just remove all Widgets on your screen and change your Wallpaper into a picture.
- Disable Animations & Transitions: These make your phone seems smoother and cool with the cost of your RAM. First, unlock the Developer options by going to “Settings->About phone” and tapping “Build number” until it is unlocked. Then go to “Settings->Developer options” to disable “Window animation scale”, “Transition animation scale” and “Animator duration scale”.
- Clear Free Fire cache: Go to All Apps in Settings and find Free Fire. Now tap on Free Fire and then Clear Cache to delete all abundant data.
How To Fix Lag In Free Fire 1GB RAM – Check your Internet connection
Sometimes your game gets laggy not because of your RAM but because of your Internet connection. Here are some tips about how to fix lag in Free Fire by having a more stable connection:
- If you are using a Wifi connection, try to stay as close as possible to the router.
- Check if there is VPN app running on your phone. VPN apps slow down your connection a lot, especially the free ones, and sometimes, you just forget to turn them off after using.
- A mobile connection might be better than a Wifi connection in many cases. Try to stay outside if you are using a mobile connection.
How To Fix Lag In Free Fire 1GB RAM – Use Fire GFX Tool
Fire GFX Tool is an app that allows you to adjust graphics, FPS, Resolution in Free Fire that you normally can’t. It can even help clear up your RAM with only one button. Many Free Fire players have tried using this Fire GFX Tool app and got a good result. Here is a guide for Free Fire 1GB RAM lag fix using this app.
- Resolution: For the smoothest experience possible, set it to 690 x 540, which is the lowest resolution. But Free Fire will look really bad with this resolution so pick the 1280 x 720 resolution is the best option here for the best graphics and performance.
- FPS: This option will unlock the max framerate of Free Fire. Pick 60 FPS for the smoothest experience but the 40 FPS or 50 FPS options are also not too bad if you want to save some battery.
- Graphics: Choose the So Smooth option.
- Shadow: Choose Disable to turn off all shadow because this is the most demanding option in all games.
- Style: It only affects the color in the game so you can choose whichever you want.
- Graphics API: Set this option to x4 will help object in the game look smoothly but it will cost a lot of RAM. Choose Disable to turn it off for more FPS and smooth gameplay.
We hope this article helps you in resolving your lag and low performance-related issues while playing Free Fire. Happy gaming!